Alright, time for the monthly check-in on how I'm doing on my beer-related New Year's Resolutions. Here is the January check-in, and now time for February!
1. Visit more breweries: Still at two down, four to go. I went by Tin Roof and Parish Brewing in January but failed to make any more visits in February. I think a trip to Saint Arnold needs to happen soon, and probably NOLA and/or Abita as well!
2. Get published somewhere other than my own blog: Nothing new here either... damn.
3. Keep home-brewing: Still going strong on this one! We have a noble pilsener fermenting right now as beer #4.
4. Enter a home-brew contest: Nothing on this one yet, but there are talks about creating a home-brew competition partnering with Jay over at Bite And Booze and withVisit Baton Rouge to host a home-brewing competition for South Louisiana this fall. Hard to say, but I think hosting a competition and judging might count for this one?
5. Drink a beer stronger than I ever have before: CHECK! I found the BrewDog Tokyo* Imperial Stout at Martin Wine Cellar in BR. You can check out the review here!
6. Continue to get in better shape as I drink more beer: Still only minimally effective here... I've lost one pound since the new year, but hey, it's a lot better than gaining! Hopefully some warmer weather and the time change will help get the ball rolling.
7. Drink 365 new beers in 2011: We are on day 59 right now, and I'm at 54, so I'm not far off of pace, but I am a little behind. I'll have to drink a few beers tonight to help catch up! I still have another dozen or so from Gainesville and 14 or 15 from Houston waiting to be drank. After I put in an hour on the elliptical of course. Gotta remember resolution #6.
So... I still think I'm doing pretty well. March is going to be mostly about #6 and #7 I believe, but I won't let the others slide. I hope everyone else is still kicking ass on their goals for 2011!